Thursday, November 13, 2008

Babies and Toxicity

Having been around babies and people having babies for a long time, I've learned a few things over a period of time that I want to share with you all. This is the first post in that series.

Preparation before conceiving: You would have heard about eating healthy, maintaining optimal weight, taking multivitamins with atleast 400mg folic acid , no smoking/no drinking etc. I've one more to add to the list : Detox yourself two months before you become pregnant. There's nothing like conceiving and growing the baby in a healthy body compared to feeding the baby healthy after it is born. Try to keep your stress level to a minimum by exercising/meditating, eating right and going to bed at the same time everyday.

Vaccinations: Oflate there's a lot of controversy about vaccines with thimerosal.. see the article http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2510/autism_and_vaccines_evidence_of_a_connection.html?cat=5. Remember, the following: (1) ask for thimerosal free vaccine when you give your baby shots, (2) it is perfectly acceptable and ok to give your baby shots on a delayed schedule.. do not pack on two shots at a time.

No comments: